ELECTRIC COMPANY THEATRE
COVID-19 HEALTH AND SAFETY PLANS & POLICIES
Last updated: January 22, 2021
The following guidelines were created based on information provided by the BC CDC, ActSafe BC, WorkSafe BC and other federal and provincial health agencies. Electric Company Theatre will continue to monitor health guidelines and adjust our policies accordingly.
Our goal is to provide our staff, artists, and any public we engage with, the tools and information to mitigate the spread of COVID-19, while recognizing that we can’t guarantee that an individual won’t fall ill, and we all must take responsibility for our own health. We have implemented the following:
- We are working remotely as much as possible, and when we work or gather at PL1422, we follow the safety/capacity/cleaning guidelines as laid out by our facility management organization, Vancouver Creative Space Society. Those guidelines can be found HERE
- Before entering PL1422 to work for the first time, we ask everyone to register HERE for contact tracing purposes and to read the safety guidelines.
- Please stay home if any symptoms develop. Current symptoms include:
- New or worsening cough
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Temperature equal to or over 38 degrees Celsius
- Feeling feverish
- Fatigue or weakness
- Muscle or body aches
- New loss of smell or taste
- Gastrointestinal symptoms (Abdominal pain, diarrhea, vomiting)
- Feeling very unwell
- We ask anyone experiencing symptoms to not enter PL1422, and notify ECT if you were in the building or had any interaction with ECT in the 14 days prior to developing symptoms.
- There will be a detailed safety plan made prior to any rehearsals or events involving the public, following current provincial guidelines and mass gathering restrictions. We will communicate the plan in advance to all artists and audience, to ensure everyone feels safe before participating.
- We encourage all staff, artists and those who work with us this season to express any personal needs around COVID, recognizing that we all have different situations and levels of comfort. You can contact Artistic Producer Clayton Baraniuk at email@example.com.
- Concerns or questions around our COVID policy can be brought forward to firstname.lastname@example.org, and will be treated with confidence as a discussion takes place.
Whether gathering for ECT in person at PL1422 or at a venue offsite, we ask everyone to:
- Maintain a physical distance of at least 2 metres from anyone not in your household bubble if stationary, or 3 meters if moving.
- If 2 metres distance can’t be maintained, masks must be worn.
- Wash or sanitize your hands upon arrival and departure, and at regular (once per hour) intervals. ECT will provide hand sanitizer at all gatherings.
- follow any posted signage for cleaning (bathrooms, kitchens, all communal spaces, doors, light switches). Cleaning supplies will be provided.
- Avoid sharing tools whenever possible (including pens, pencils, etc).
- Report any health concerns or potential COVID exposure to email@example.com
- If you develop symptoms while gathering with ECT, notify ECT staff and leave immediately. Cleaning procedures will be followed.
- Help maintain capacity: room capacities will be posted for indoor spaces. Please observe and help maintain these capacities, removing yourself if needed.
- Work in ventilated rooms or outside as much as possible.
- If you have been outside BC in the last 14 days, please speak with ECT before coming to an in person gathering.
Further information and resources:
- This is a condensed version of our COVID-19 safety plan. The full version can be found HERE
- The most up to date COVID-19 information from the federal government can be found HERE
- Health questions can be directed to 811, and information on COVID testing sites in BC can be found HERE
Electric Company Theatre can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org